Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) is a holistic and cloud-based approach to security that solves user, device and data security challenges. The suite is the easiest and most cost-effective way for customers to get all of these Microsoft security-forward tools:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium
- Windows Intune
- Microsoft Azure Rights Management
- Microsoft Advance Threat Analytics
In this blog post, we’ll dive into each tool within the Enterprise Mobility Suite. We’ll discuss what role it plays in a comprehensive security plan, and how companies are leveraging it to protect their employees from outside threats and protect themselves from internal threats.
- Active Directory Premium: Think for a minute about how many cloud applications you use every day to get your work done. I’ll bet you can name 5 or 10 pretty quickly. Maybe you use Microsoft Office 365, a CRM system, a contract management system, a banking system, travel tools, a file sharing tool, your company HR portal, etc. Typically, all of these require a unique set of credentials to sign in, and often have different usernames and password rules, which can be an overall frustrating user experience. Active Directory solves this problem by being a single gateway to all your cloud applications. This solitary single sign-on key gives you access to all your tools and systems.
- Intune: Mobile devices and laptops are traveling in and out of your office walls at a worrying speed. What devices have access to which tools, data, and systems? Which devices are password protected and which ones are not? And which devices already have malicious apps already installed on them? Microsoft Intune helps you keep a finger on the pulse of the devices in your environment. Easily wipe devices that get lost or stolen. You can even segment personal data from corporate data and wipe only what is necessary.
- Azure Rights Management: We are sharing more files with more people than ever before. This means we are collaborating and moving our business forward faster – but this also comes with its own set of challenges. Security is the top challenge companies face with file sharing. Azure Rights Management allows you to encrypt and assign usage restrictions to files and emails. Control who can open, attach, edit or print your documents and attachments. Protect corporate data by allowing more secure access to company resources and enabling safe sharing of sensitive information inside and outside your organization.
- Advance Threat Analytics: The average time an attacker stays in a network before being detected is over 140 days. And over 60% of all network intrusions can be traced back to credentials (log in information). How are we missing these attacks? Traditional IT security tools are often not equipped to handle the rising amounts of data, resulting in unnecessary alerts that distract you from the real threats. Protect your business from advanced, persistent cyber threats. From detecting known malicious attacks to uncovering abnormal activity with machine learning and behavioral analytics, identify threats to your organization quickly and take action swiftly with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics.
EMS in Depth
Here’s a great overview of how these tools work in harmony to fill in the gaps of your organization’s security. If you have 40 minutes to dedicate watch it from start to finish, it’s worth it. Otherwise, jump around to the parts that are most relevant to your security needs.
Get the tools you need to protect your business from external and internal threats. Meet the Enterprise Mobility Suite, hand-selected tools to fill all of your security gaps.
Get a personalized security recommendation >>>